Today we remember a Great Man that spent his days preaching of how we as a society can come together and live as one. We should celebrate his life not just on this day but by remembering his teachings on a daily basis.
15 Great Quotes from Rev. Martin Luther King.
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
- “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.”
- “Forgiveness is not an occasional act. It is a permanent attitude.”
- “Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle.”
- “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”
- Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’
- “Our Lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
- “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”
- “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
- “Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.”
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
- “There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
- “If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well.”
These are just a few of the many teachings of a Legend that will forever be remembered.
Thank you for reading and share with your friends and family.Sincerely, Joel Rivera